GLENROCK PRO GLOBAL LTD
(also referred as “Glenrocks”
GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
(“AGREEMENT”, “Terms”or “this Agreement”)
Trading leveraged derivative products such as Foreign Exchange (Forex), Contracts for Difference (CFD's) or other financial derivative products carries a high level of risk to your capital. All these products, which are leveraged derivative products, may not be appropriate for all investors. The effect of leverage is that both gains and losses are magnified. The prices of leveraged derivative products may change to your disadvantage very quickly, it is possible for you to lose more than your invested capital and you may be required to make further payments. Before deciding to invest in any financial product, you should carefully consider your investment objectives, trading knowledge and experience and affordability. You should only trade in Forex and CFDs if you have sufficient knowledge and experience of the risky nature of the products, the risks involved in trading such products and if you are dealing with money that you can afford to lose. You should seek independent professional financial advice if you are in any doubt.
1. These Terms together with your completed and submitted Application Form comprise the Client Agreement between Glenrock Pro Global LTD ("Company”, "we", "us", ''our'' or "Glenrocks"), a broker company providing trading in financial and commodity‐based derivative instruments and other securities registered and headquartered in the Republic Of The Marshall Islands, whose registered office is Trust Company Complex, Ajeltake Road, Ajeltake Island, Majuro, Marshall Islands MH96960, since 2019.
2. If the Client is comprised of two or more legal persons then a reference to a right or obligation of the Client under this Agreement or under a transaction contemplated by this Agreement confers that right or imposes that obligation, as the case may be, jointly and severally on those persons.
3. This is a master agreement and sets out the terms and conditions upon which dealings between you and us relating to the provision of advice to the Client or the execution of Orders.
4. This Agreement is in addition to other documents that may have been exchanged and/or executed between the parties. You should read this Agreement carefully and any other documents given to you and that apply to you.
5. Margin FX and Contracts‐for‐difference (CFDs) Transactions you enter into pursuant to the terms of this Agreement carry a high level of risk. You should ensure that you fully understand such risks before entering into this Agreement or any transaction with us. By signing and submitting the Application Form by email or electronically via our website, or by taking any action consistent with your agreement to these terms and conditions, you confirm that you have received, read and understood this Agreement, including our current Legal Documents on our website.
DURATION OF THE AGREEMENT AND RIGHT TO CANCEL
6. The Agreement shall commence once we have informed you about your account being
activated. This is, once we have completed due diligence and satisfied our requirements in
terms of ‘Know-Your-Customer’ or any other procedures.
7. You have the right to cancel the Agreement by giving us notice in writing within the first
fourteen (21) days of your account being activated. We will return to you any amount you have transferred to us, subject to you not having entered into any trades via our platform(s).
8. Where the Agreement has not been cancelled, it will continue to be in effect until its
termination, in accordance with the provisions contained in the Agreement.
9. We will treat you as Retail Client in accordance with applicable law, unless we have informed you otherwise. You have the right to request a different client categorisation (type).
10. We can review your Client categorisation at any time, in accordance with the applicable rules. We will notify you in the event a change affects you.
11. Following receipt of your ‘Account Opening Application Form’, we will use the information you have provided us with to conduct further enquiries about you as we may deem necessary or appropriate in the circumstances in order for us to fulfil our legal obligations; we will further use the information you provide us with to assess and determine the appropriateness of you entering into a business relationship with us. This includes, but it is not limited to, verifying your identity information, obtaining references from third party database list, other financial institutions or your employer. In some instances, either on a sample basis or because we have reason to believe that further searches are necessary, in order for us to satisfy any legal or regulatory requirement, we will conduct other searches with third-party information providers and databases (public or otherwise), including credit searches that appear on your credit history. You understand that such enquiries can be conducted at any stage of the relationship, and we expect you to assist us with any additional information, as failure to do so would lead to termination of the relationship between you and us in accordance with the terms of the Agreement.
12. You are responsible for providing us with correct and accurate information at all times and we can rely on the information you have provided us with, both during on-boarding in the‘Account Opening Application Form’ as well as throughout our relationship, unless we have reason to believe that the information you have provided us with is inaccurate. If any of the information you have provided us with changes, you need to notify us in writing.
13. Based on the information provided by you, and in accordance with the applicable rules, we will make an assessment of whether you have sufficient knowledge and/or experience to understand the risks associated with trading Leveraged Products. The acceptance of your account will be subject to the outcome of this assessment and we reserve the right to refuse to provide any of our services to any person, who, in our reasonable opinion, is not suitable to receive such services.
14. When we receive your application to open an account, we will confirm this to you by e-mail and we will provide you with details to access your account, specifically your account number and password (the ‘Access Codes’). We will review your application and only if we are satisfied with the information/ documentation received, we will accept you as a Client and therefore activate your account.
15. You will be able to:
a) download and install (where applicable) the trading platforms (the ‘Software’), or use
a web-based version of the Software (where available) and you need to ensure they are accessible and operational; b) use your Access Codes to log-in to the Software, as well as Glenrocks website from where you can view your account. It is also your responsibility to keep your Access Codes private and confidential.
16. Further to the above, you are responsible for ensuring that you are able to access our Software when you need to and during the times the Software is available. Your responsibility extends to ensuring you have access to a reliable internet connection or any other necessary connection and maintaining any devices used to this end.
17. The Software may have been developed by a third party, unrelated to Glenrocks. Glenrocks will use its best efforts to ensure that the Software is properly operational for the purposes of
providing our services under this Agreement to you, by conducting reasonable tests. However, we cannot guarantee, that the Software is free of any errors or deficiencies.
18. We will, to a reasonable extent, maintain the Software and any other related systems up to
date. We and/or any relevant third party may perform this maintenance from time to time,
which includes shutting down, restarting and/or refreshing the servers to ensure, or procure to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Software. These actions may cause the
Software to be inaccessible and/or inoperative for a period of time. We will use best efforts to ensure that any maintenance activity will take place outside trading hours, however, you
understand and accept that this may not always be possible. Therefore, you accept that we will bear no responsibility for any loss, including financial loss and/or loss of opportunity due to maintenance and/or any action or omission of Glenrocks and/or the third-party software provider. For instance, such maintenance activity will occur in order to, for instance, add a new symbol or remedy any technical issue.
19. We will use best efforts to make the Software and any other systems available. Where this is
not possible, we will endeavour, within reason, to provide you with prior notice. But, you
understand and accept that we cannot guarantee their continuous availability at all times, due
to instances including: a) failures and/or errors, including failures and/or errors of technological nature such as failure of internet connectivity that may affect the access to the Software, which either you or we rely on; b) suspension of service availability due to maintenance, repairs, updates, developments and other issues outside of our control.
20. We will do our best to maintain the operation of the Software. We cannot and do not accept any responsibility for any means (including computer equipment), which you use to access the the Software and cannot guarantee its continued availability.
SECURITY AND ACCESS
21. We will only accept instructions from you and/or your Authorised Representative pursuant to a duly executed ‘Power of Attorney’. For the avoidance of doubt, Authorised Representatives shall not be considered as Clients of Glenrocks. However, we will consider any instructions from an Authorised Representative as coming from you, and we may act upon such instructions without the need to confirm their authenticity or validity.
22. In addition to anything else specified above, we may rely on any instructions coming from any person in possession of your Access Codes as if these instructions were coming from yourself, without us making any further inquiry.
23. It is your responsibility to keep your Access Codes confidential and not to reveal them to any person, whether intentionally or unintentionally. We cannot control how you treat your Access Codes and you are responsible to ensure that no third party obtains any unauthorised access. We will not be liable for any unauthorised access, unless this has occurred due to gross negligence from our part.
24. You are responsible for keeping any information regarding your dealings with us, private and confidential. We will bear no responsibility in the event that any person attains unauthorised access to any information regarding your dealings with us, where that information is:a) held by you; b) being transmitted via electronic or any other means, by you to Glenrocks and/or any other party authorised by us; c) being transmitted via electronic or any other means, by us to you and/or any Authorised Representative.
25. We reserve the right to revoke your access and/or the access of any Authorised Representative to our Software at any time, where we deem necessary.
26. Where you have not carried any activity and/or transactions for a period of time, as determined within reason by us, we reserve the right to carry out additional checks and/or request additional documentation from you before we allow you to resume any activity with us.
ORDERS AND INSTRUCTIONS
27. We will only accept instructions transmitted via a durable medium approved by us, including Glenrocks Software and your registered e-mail address (as indicated in our records). Under certain circumstances, provided that we are satisfied of your identity and of the clarity of the instructions received, we can accept instructions via telephone or in person; note that each Client is responsible to ensure that any instruction provided has been completely understood by the operator. Orders via telephone will be accepted only if they are received in our official language. It should be noted that Glenrocks reserves the right to reject such verbal orders when the operator of the Support Department is not satisfied with the Client’s identify or clarity of the orders, request additional information, verify such orders via any means or take any other action Glenrocks deems necessary in the circumstances. Contact details of all departments (including the Support Department) can be found on our Website; note, that at times of excessive transaction flow there might be a delay in connecting over the telephone with an operator, especially when there are important market announcements.
28. You may choose to communicate with us for support and any instructions, other than orders,
in any of the languages available on our Website during business hours. Communication after business hours that requires immediate action on our behalf will only be accepted in our official language.
29. Where information has not been transmitted to us via approved means, or where you have
misinterpreted any instruction and/or information, it is your responsibility to make the
necessary amendments and we will bear no responsibility for any loss, be it financial or of
opportunity in connection to said instruction.
30. We bear no responsibility for any loss that arises as a result of delayed or unreceived
communication sent by us to you.
31. You understand that time is important when trading on Leveraged Products, therefore you are responsible for ensuring that any communication in relation to your dealings with us is sent to us on time.
32. We will execute an instruction received from you, without any further enquiry. However, you consent that we reserve the right to accept, either in part or in full, or reject, any instructions from you. Also, we may contact you if we intend to execute any transactions or future transactions differently following patterns in your trading activity (for instance, where your account balance frequently results in negative equity, we may propose that you continue trading with a higher margin requirement, irrespective of the applicable trading conditions of other clients).
33. We may, at our discretion confirm any instructions received from you via any durable medium or telephone. However, you understand that you should not communicate with any of our employees, contractors or otherwise via any means or on any other equipment, which are not our equipment. For example, you should not communicate with any of our employees on his/her mobile phone or on any other personal account.
34. Essential information concerning the execution of any order (among other information), can be obtained through the Software, trading platforms and/or Glenrocks were you are able to download reports which document, in durable medium, information including the execution and status of your order, as well as review the current and historic state of your trades and Account(s). You understand and agree that such reports are deemed to be reports provided by us to you in a durable medium. We might not provide you with statements of account in relation to the financial instruments traded through your Account(s) or the availability of your Client Money or any other detail in any other form other than what is stated above.
35. You understand and accept that we will execute all your orders outside a Regulated Market,
Multilateral Trading Facility or an Organised Trading Facility (i.e. all Client orders will be
executed over-the-counter (‘OTC’)). By accepting the Agreement and placing any order with us you expressly provide your prior express consent before proceeding to execute your orders outside a trading venue. This consent is hereby provided in the form of a general agreement and not in respect of individual transactions.
36. We will take necessary steps to ensure compliance with the applicable rules and regulations.
Therefore, you agree to be bound by any decision we make in order to comply with any rule,
regulation or obligation of Glenrocks.
37. Where we provide you via our Website, the Software with any links to other
websites and/or resources from third parties, these links are provided for information only. We have no control over the content, quality or security of the information contained on those websites and/or resources, and therefore we cannot be made responsible for any losses that may arise from your use of these.
38. We take reasonable care in trying to ensure that any information and/or content, including
third-party features on our Website, the Software and e-mail communications
from us is accurate and complete. However, some information may be provided ‘as is’ and on an ‘if available’ basis and therefore we cannot give any warranties or representations (either expressed or implied), relating to the said features and any third-party information.
39. The product specifications and/or conditions are to be found on our Website, as amended from time to time. It is your responsibility to ensure that you remain updated with regards to our product specifications and conditions, as well as any other information and you shall take all necessary actions to safeguard your interest where you believe you may be affected. You understand that the product specifications and/or conditions may be varied. You will continue to be bound by the Agreement in the event of any of these amendments taking place. However, nothing in this clause will affect your right to terminate the Agreement, without any penalty whatsoever, subject to any existing obligations.
40. You understand that in order for us to provide you with our services, we may enter into
agreements with external service providers for any activity and/or operation we may conduct. As stated above, we will do our best to maintain the operation of our systems. Further, you understand and accept that we cannot and do not accept any responsibility for any means you use to access the services we provide and cannot guarantee the continued availability of any other person’s site or address.
41. Where you are in breach (or we have reasonable grounds to believe you may be in breach) of any term contained in the Agreement, we reserve the right to temporarily or permanently
suspend your access to the Software, Glenrocks website, your Account(s), and/or terminate the Agreement, and/or take any other actions as we may see fit in the circumstances.
42. By becoming a client of Glenrocks, you do not obtain any rights in any intellectual property
belonging to us. Our Website, the Software, any data, information, documentation and/or
creation shall be protected in accordance with the applicable laws and you shall have no right, neither at the time of entering into the Agreement, nor at any point of time in the future. All rights whether expressed or implied, and whether existing now or in the future are reserved.
43. You shall not cause or permit any actions to be caused, which might endanger or damage any intellectual property belonging to us and/or do any other act which would be damaging and or defamatory against Glenrocks.
44. You understand that you shall not copy, reproduce, duplicate, translate, assume ownership or otherwise of any rights belonging to Glenrocks.
45. We are required by law to take all reasonable steps to identify and manage any potential or
actual conflicts of interest between: a) Us and any Affiliate Entity or third-party. b) Us and you. c) You and any other client.
46. All money deposited by the Client with Glenrocks, received by Glenrocks or its agent on behalf of the Client, or that is, client profits on the Close Out of a Financial Product shall be deposited into one or more accounts nominated by Glenrocks and will be paid into a segregated bank account, which is typically when the Client pays money into the nominated account:
- without agreeing to the terms of a Financial Product by the next Day following actual receipt of the deposit; or
- without Glenrocks issuing the Financial Product immediately; or
- that is less than the price of the Financial Product, and Glenrocks does not issue the Financial Product immediately for the lesser price; or
- in excess of the price of the Financial Product, and the excess amount is not returned to the Client by the next Day.
Such segregation of the Client’s money does not fully protect the Client’s money from the risk of loss.
While the Client’s money is segregated from Glenrocks’s money, it may be co mingled with the money of other Clients and utilised by Glenrocks from time to time where Glenrocks is allowed to do so pursuant to Law.
47. Glenrocks shall be entitled to retain any interest earned on such segregated money held or invested by Glenrocks may use the funds in the client segregated account in accordance with applicable Laws.
48. The Client has no interest in or claim over Glenrocks’s contracts (if any) with any other person or in the accounts into which Glenrocks lodges or pays the funds which were withdrawn from the segregated accounts. The Client acknowledges that the balance of the Client’s account may not be protected if there is a default in the dealings with counterparties or in the overall segregated account balance.
49. Glenrocks enters into arrangements with Third‐Party execution providers for the facilitation of transactions and settlements, and avails monies received for Deposits and settlements which are not client money to such providers for this purpose.
50. When Glenrocks accepts money from a Client in connection with an Order, a Margin Call or a Deposit, the Client immediately receives reciprocal obligations from Glenrocks. The payment is not “client money”, but rather has purchased that reciprocal obligation from Glenrocks.
51. Each time the Client places an Order with Glenrocks, a confirmation of the executed trade will appear in the Glenrocks Trading Platform. The Client consents to receive Trade Confirmations by electronic means including, for example, through any Online Service.
52. Glenrocks will make available Daily and Monthly Statements via Glenrocks Trading Platform or any Online Service or Software provided by us. Following the end of day settlement time, provided the Client has transacted or has an open Position Glenrocks Trading Platform will produce a Daily Statement which will be emailed to the Client to their registered email address and then made available on the Glenrocks Trading Platform.
53. Following month‐end, Glenrocks will produce an electronic version of the Client’s trading statement which will be emailed to the Client and be available on the Glenrocks Trading Platform. This will provide the same details as the daily statements but cover all account movements and transactions opened for the month.
54. The Client is responsible for promptly checking all contents of Confirmations and the Daily and Monthly Statements. The client must immediately notify Glenrocks if there is an error in the Confirmation or the Statements. Glenrocks is entitled to assume that the Confirmations and Statements are correct unless the Client notifies Glenrocks of any error within 48 hours following us giving the Confirmation or the Statements becoming available to the Client.
TELEPHONE OR E-MAIL ORDERS
55. An Authorised User may request Glenrocks to accept Instructions and enter into Orders by telephone. Glenrocks has sole discretion to accept Instructions and enter into Orders by telephone.
56. Glenrocks may check the authority of the caller by requesting the caller give his or her name and confirming that such name has been notified to Glenrocks by the Client as an Authorised User. Upon such check confirming the identity of the caller, Glenrocks may assume that the caller has the full authority as previously notified by the Client.
57. The Client acknowledges and agrees, and will ensure that each Authorised User acknowledges and agrees, that Glenrocks may make a recording of each telephone Instruction and any other conversation (including Internet conversations e.g. chats) received from a Client or an Authorised User or between a Client or an Authorised User and Glenrocks. The recording remains the property of Glenrocks.
58. The telephone recording can be used by Glenrocks to confirm the terms and conditions of any transaction where there is a dispute with a Client as to the Trade Contract Terms of the transaction, and for training and monitoring purposes.
59. An Authorised User may request Glenrocks to accept Instructions and enter into Orders by email. Glenrocks may accept Instructions sent by email. The Client acknowledges and agrees that upon the acceptance by Glenrocks of the Client’s Instructions, the Client shall be bound by thoseInstructions.
60. Although Glenrocks will use all reasonable efforts to process the Client’s Order on a timely basis. However, Glenrocks shall not, in the absence of gross negligence or wilful misconduct, be liable for delays, damages, failures or errors in the completion of the Order.
61. Trading hours for Margin FX Contracts and CFDs vary and will depend on the relevant Underlying Instrument’s hours of operation. The trading hours are published on our website.
62. We are under no obligation to quote prices or accept Orders on a public holiday in any jurisdiction which, in our reasonable opinion, affects the relevant value of the underlying asset or assets to the OTC derivative contract Glenrocks offers. We give notice of such public holidays and the underlying asset or assets affected on the website.
CHARGES AND CREDITS
63. Where an Order for a Spot CFD is held overnight, the Order is subject to a Swap Charge or Swap Credit determined by Glenrocks multiplying the value of the contract at the end of the Trading Day by the Reference Interest Rate and adjusted for any dividend in relation to the underlying asset or instrument.
64. Where an Order for a Spot CFD is held at the Close of Trade on a Friday, the Swap Charge or Swap Credit is adjusted to reflect the cost of holding the position until the following Monday. Swap Charges or Swap Credits in relation to Spot CFDs are calculated and applied to your account at the beginning of the next Trading Day.
65. No Swap Charge or Swap Credit is payable where an Order for a Spot CFD is opened and closed on the same Trading Day.
66. Where an Order for a Futures CFD is held overnight, the Order is not subject to a Swap Charge or Swap Credit. Where an Order for a Futures CFD is held at the Close of Trade on the Close‐Out Date, the Order is automatically rolled over meaning that the contract is closed, and a new Order is created for the Futures CFD on the next Trading Day at the new contract price.
67. Glenrocks will not automatically roll over an Open Position for a Futures CFD held at the Close of Trade on the Close‐Out Date unless Glenrocks has provided reasonable notice to the Client of the Close‐Out Date and the position remains open after this date.
68. Where an Order for a Futures CFD is held at the Close of Trade on the Close‐Out Date, an adjustment will be applied to the Client’s account to reflect the difference between the old contract price and the new contract price for the Futures CFD less an administration fee of basis points payable to Glenrocks.
69. In addition to any other fees or charges set out in these Terms, the Client agrees to pay: an amount equal to any other fee charged or levied on Glenrocks, or other expense incurred by Glenrocks, arising from any action taken pursuant to this Agreement; and all relevant taxes and expenses incurred by the Client in connection with this Agreement.
70. The Client confirms and acknowledges that Glenrocks is, without limiting its powers to recover amounts owing by the Client to Glenrocks in any other way, permitted to deduct, without further reference to the Client, charges relating to any services provided by Glenrocks including administration charges (including but not limited to fees associated with returned cheques, payment processing, debt collection and telephone transcript copies), charges relating to the use of the Software and any transaction fees charged to Glenrocks by others with respect to the Client’s transactions including, but not limited to tracing fees.
71. Glenrocks may in its absolute discretion waive or reduce fees or transaction charges, for individual clients or for classes of clients, for any length of time, with or without conditions, without notice.
72. The Client acknowledges that should they affect an Order with Glenrocks, the Client must pay all transaction charges, fees, settlements, interest and any other amounts due under this Agreement on demand by Glenrocks in cleared funds or otherwise as required in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
73. The Client agrees that Glenrocks may at any time share transaction fees and charges with any other persons without being required to disclose the sharing of such fees and charges to the Client unless such disclosure is required by Law.
74. A Client’s obligations under the Agreement must be guaranteed:
- where the Client (including a trustee) is a company, by each or of the Company; and
in any other circumstance,
- where Glenrocks determines, in its absolute discretion, that such guarantee is required.
75. The Guarantor acknowledges that Glenrocks is acting in reliance on the Guarantor incurring obligations and giving rights under this guarantee and indemnity. The Guarantor unconditionally and irrevocably guarantees to Glenrocks compliance with their obligations in connection with the Agreement, including each obligation to pay money.
76. If the Client does not comply with those obligations on time and in accordance with the Agreement, then the Guarantor agrees to comply with those obligations on‐demand from Glenrocks.
77. A demand may be made whether or not Glenrocks has made demand on the Client. If the Guarantor makes a payment that is subject to any withholding or deduction, the Guarantor agrees to pay Glenrocks such additional amount to ensure that the amount actually received by Glenrocks equals the full amount Glenrocks would have received had no withholding or deduction been made.
78. If, at any time:
- trading in any Underlying Asset on any exchange is suspended or halted; or
- trading is suspended or halted on any exchange which restricts trading with any relevant index so that Glenrocks is unable to determine the price of the Underlying Asset, then Glenrocks will take the price of the Underlying Asset as being the last traded price before the trading suspension or halt.
79. If the suspension or halt continue for 5 Business Days, Glenrocks at its discretion may Close‐Out your part or all of your Positions. When this happens, Glenrocks will decide the Close‐Out date and the Close‐Out value of your Contract in good faith (the Close‐Out value will be the Underlying Asset price x the number of Contracts). Glenrocks reserves the right at all time during any marketing limitations, suspension or disruption to adjust the price of any affected Underlying Asset.
80. This Agreement may be terminated immediately by the Client or Glenrocks by Notice to the other in writing. However, termination by either party shall not affect any Order or other transaction previously entered into and shall not relieve either party of any outstanding obligations arising out of this Agreement, nor shall it relieve the Client of any obligations arising out of any Order entered into prior to such termination.
81. In the event that Glenrocks is made aware of or has reason to believe any of the following: - that the Client has provided false or misleading information to Glenrocks; or
that the Client has participated or is participating or has assisted or is assisting in money laundering or terrorist financing;
that the Client is being officially investigated by law enforcement and/or regulatory agencies;
that abnormal trading conditions exist;
that Glenrocks is unable to make prices in the relevant Order due to the unavailability of relevant market information for reasons beyond Glenrocks control;
that the Client may be in possession of “inside information” within the meaning of the Securities Investments Business Law;
a Default Event has occurred;
an Insolvency Event has occurred in respect of the Client
then Glenrocks, at its sole discretion, may terminate this Agreement immediately by Notice to the Client, and Glenrocks shall be relieved of any obligations set out in this Agreement or arising out of the transactions contemplated by this Agreement, including any obligations arising out of any Order already placed with Glenrocks.
82. The trading systems of Glenrocks, are designed with safeguards to protect clients from encountering negative balances when trading under normal market conditions.
83. NOTE: The provisions of this policy shall not apply to:
• Force-Majeure Event understood as an act of God, war, terrorism, malicious damage, civil commotion, industrial acts, any exceptional market events, or acts and regulations of any governmental or supranational bodies or authorities which in the company’s opinion prevent an orderly market in relation to Client’s orders; • in abnormal market conditions or exceptional market movements/volatility; • where the company determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that the negative balance is unrelated to the client’s trading activity (for example, where the debit relates to any fee or charges of the company); • where the negative balance is connected to or a result of, either or in, breach of any provision by the client of the Client Agreement of the company or from the breach of the market rules, including but not limited to the laws of the client’s country of origin, client’s country of residence or any country.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
84. The Client shall indemnify and hold Glenrocks harmless from any and all liabilities, claims, costs, expenses and damages of any nature, including, but not limited to, reasonable legal fees and any fees and expenses incurred in connection with litigation, arising out of or relating to the Client’s negligence or willful misconduct, the violation of any Law by the Client, or the breach by the Client of any provision of this Agreement or if a Default Event occurs.
85. The Client also agrees to promptly pay Glenrocks for all damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses, incurred by Glenrocks in the enforcement of any of the provisions of this Agreement. Glenrocks is not responsible for any delays, charges or loss incurred due to errors in the payment or as a result of a delay in funds reaching the Client’s nominated account. The Client agrees to indemnify Glenrocks and be liable for any losses or charges incurred by Glenrocks arising from such error the Client’s behalf.
86. Glenrocks will not be liable under any circumstances for any, in or consequential loss (including any loss of profits) incurred by the Client as a result of any acts or omissions by a Third‐Party. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to limit or exclude any liability Glenrocks may owe the Client under any statutory rights the Client may have.
87. Please refer to us for further information on how we handle complaints under the Agreements. You acknowledge that our internal and external dispute resolution procedures don’t prevent us from commencing proceedings in any other relevant jurisdiction for the enforcement of any complaint determination.
NOTICES AND COMMUNICATIONS
88. Glenrocks may, to the extent of your authorization, send a communication under the Agreements to you or your Authorized Person.
89. Unless the Agreements expressly say otherwise, all notices, certificates, consents, approvals, waivers and other communications in connection with the Agreements: must be sent by email or other means that we specify from time to time; must be signed or issued by the sender (if an individual) or an Authorized Officer of the sender; and will be taken to be received upon sending, unless the sender receives an automated message informing them that the email has not been delivered.
90. Communications take effect from the time they’re received unless a later time is specified in them.
91. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of the Republic of The Marshall Islands. The parties agree to irrevocably submit to the non‐exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Republic of The Marshall Islands.
92. A provision of the Agreement that is void, illegal or unenforceable is ineffective only to the extent of the provision’s illegality or unenforceability, but the remaining provisions are not affected.
93. Any present or future legislation which operates to vary the Client’s obligations in connection with this Agreement with the result that Glenrocks’s rights, powers or remedies are adversely affected (including by way of delay or postponement) is excluded except to the extent that its exclusion is prohibited or rendered ineffective by law.
94. The Client’s Use of the Site and/or Trading Platform constitutes acceptance of this Agreement.
The Client agrees to do anything Glenrocks reasonably requests (such as obtaining consents, signing and producing documents and arranging documents to be completed and signed):
- to bind the Client and any other person intended to be bound under this Agreement;
- to show whether the Client is complying with this Agreement.
The following words shall have the following meanings:
Accept or Acceptance means, except in the case of a Third‐Party Online Platform, if the Client, or an Authorised User, indicate by either telephone, email, face‐to‐face or through an Online Service that they accept the Trade Contract Terms provided by Glenrocks. Account Value means the currency value of the Client’s Account which is calculated by Glenrocks combining: a) the equivalent balance of your Account in the Glenrocks client money trust
account; b) the Realised/Unrealised Losses and Realised/Unrealised Gains; c) indicative costs to Close (fees, Overnight interest); and d) the values of Positions not yet booked. Application Form means the form a Client must complete and submit to apply to open an account with Glenrocks.
Authorised User means a person authorised by the Client to access Glenrocks’s services and/or enter into Orders on the Client’s behalf. Base Currency means the first currency in a Currency Pair. The Base Currency is assigned a value when calculating exchange rates. Bought Swap Rate means the interest rate that applies to the Base Currency at the Close of Business on the relevant Trading Day. CFD means a Contract for Difference. Client, you or your means the Client named in this Agreement, together with its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and/or assigns, as well as its officers, directors, employees and agents. Client Agreement means the completed Application Form and these Terms. Close of Business means 22:00 GMT. Closed‐Out means the termination of all or part of an Order. Close‐Out Date means the date on which all or part of an Order is Closed‐Out. Close‐Out Value means the Order Value at the Close‐Out Date. Corporate Action means payment of a dividend, scrip dividend or special dividend, a rights issue, open offer or free distribution of shares by way of a bonus, capitalisation or any other offer or issue to the holders of the underlying asset, a takeover, reverse takeover, merger, demerger, listing, delisting or suspension from listing or any analogous event directly affecting holders of the underlying asset; Currency Pair means the Base Currency and the Term Currency for a Margin FX contract. Cut‐Off Time means the time (AEST) for the destination country of the international payment by which cleared funds need to be received by us in order for an international payment to be made on any Day. These times are set out on the Website. Day means a day on which commercial banks are open for business (including dealings in foreign exchange) in the place specified by Glenrocks for that purpose. Daily Statement means an Account statement issued by Glenrocks on a daily basis. Daily Statements include details of: a) your open Positions; b) your new Positions; c) the opening cash balance on your Account, together with details of Account movements such as deposits, withdrawals or settlements; d) your closing Account balance for the day; e) profits or losses made on Open Positions (your open trade equity); f) the value of your Positions and movements on your Account in the currency in which your Account is denominated, indicating, where appropriate the consolidation rates used; g) other items affecting your Accounts, such as Rollover Benefits or Rollover Charges applied to yourAccount; h) profit or loss made on open Positions (your open trade equity); i) the liquidation value; j) your Total Margin Requirement; and k) your Margin excess or deficit. Default Event a) Each of the following constitutes a Default Event: any acts or omissions on the part of the Client; • Authorised User; or • the Client or Authorised User’s employee, agent or assignee (whether or not known to us, and whether or not acting in concert with other natural persons or algorithmic tools) which in Glenrocks’s sole discretion, are deemed as being: • negligence; • mistake; • wilful misconduct, (including commission churning, sniping, causing or contributing to or benefiting from a Quoting Error, moving the price of an underlying asset, scalping, arbitraging off‐market pricing); • the use, or allowing any other person (whether or not an Authorised Person) to use, any electronic device, software, algorithm or any trading strategy that has the purpose or effect of manipulating or taking unfair advantage of the way in which Glenrocks constructs, provides or conveys its bid or offer prices; or • the breach of any law; or • the breach of any provision of this Agreement. Deposit means the amount deposited by the Client with Glenrocks as requested by Glenrocks in relation to all Financial Products, at the time of booking and at any time prior to the Value Date which is a part payment toward the agreed Order value and not client monies. Deposit includes amounts deposited by the Client with Glenrock sas requested by Glenrocks in respect of any anticipated or existing Open Positions which the Client has or will have with Glenrocks. Financial Product means a foreign exchange contract or a transaction in which a Client and Glenrocks enter into an OTC derivatives contract based on the value of an underlying asset or assets (including but not limited to a currency or currency pair, a commodity, a precious metal or an index). Force Majeure means events or causes including, but not limited to, the following: an act of God, peril of the sea,unavoidable accident of navigation, war (whether declared or not), sabotage, riot, insurrection, civil commotion, national emergency (whether in fact or law), martial law, fire, flood, cyclone, earthquake, landslide, explosion, power or water shortage, failure of a transmission or communication network, epidemic, quarantine, strike or other labour difficulty or expropriation, restriction, prohibition, law, regulation, decree or other legally enforceable order of a government agency, breakage or accident, change of International, State or Commonwealth law or regulation or any damage of Glenrocks’s hardware or systems, unless occurring as a result of an act, omission, default or negligence of the Client or Glenrock. Free Balance means, at any time, the excess (if any) of the balance of the Client’s account at that time over the required Deposit. Futures CFD means a CFD where the value of the contract derives its value from an underlying asset or instrument whose price is quoted on a futures market. Fully Hedged Position means an Open Position that is equal and opposite of another Open Position. Guarantor means any person(s) identified as such in the Application Form. Instruction means any instruction or request given by the Client to Glenrocks relating to the execution of a Financial Product. Insolvency Event means any steps taken for: the winding‐up, dissolution or administration of the Client; the Client to enter into any arrangement, compromise or composition with or assignment for the benefit of its creditors or any class of them except for the purposes of a solvent reconstruction or amalgamation; or a receiver, receiver and manager, or other controllers, administrator or similar officer to be appointed with respect to, or takes control of, the Client or any of the Client’s assets and undertakings. Law means any local or foreign law, regulation or judgment, court order or sanctions regimes which Glenrocks is subject to. Long Party means in respect of any Order the party identified in the Trade Confirmation Notice as having notionally bought the underlying asset or assets to the OTC derivative contract. Margin Call means an amount, in addition to the Deposit, as solely determined by Glenrocks. Margin FX contract means a Margin Foreign Exchange contract. Mark to Market means the daily revaluation of an OTC derivatives contract entered into between Glenrocks and the Client to reflect its current market value rather than its original contract value. Glenrocks shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to determine the Mark to Market value on a daily basis. Merger Event means in respect of any underlyingasset: a) any reclassification or change of the underlying asset that results in a transfer of or an irrevocable commitment to transfer all outstanding securities of the same classas the underlying asset to another entity or person; b) consolidation, amalgamation, merger or binding share exchange of the issuer of the relevant underlying asset with or into another person (other than a consolidation, amalgamation, merger or binding share exchange in which such issuer is the continuing person and which does not result in a reclassification or change of all outstanding securities of the same class as the underlying asset);or c) takeover offer, tender offer, exchange offer, solicitation, proposal or other event by any entity or person to purchase or otherwise obtain 50% or more of the outstanding securities of the same class as the underlying asset that results in a transfer of or irrevocable commitment to transfer all such securities (other than such securities owned or controlled by such other entity or person). Notice means a notice required or permitted to be given under this Agreement or for the purposes of this Agreement. Online Services means the services which provide the ability for clients to transact with Glenrocks by way of an online trading platform including a Third‐Party Online Platform. Open Position is where the Client has entered into a transaction or contract with Glenrocks, and a further transaction is required in order to close the position; Order means a Financial Product entered into between Glenrocks and the Client under the applicable Trade Contract Terms. Order Value means for any Order, the Order price or rate multiplied by the Order quantity.OTC means Over‐the‐Counter. Partially Hedged Position means an Open Position that is opposite but not equal to another Open Position. Previous Order Value means, the amount calculated as follows: a) where the Order Value is being determined for the first time for an Order Contract, the Order Value at the commencement of the Order; or b) in all other cases, the Order Value at the most recent Valuation Time. Quoting Error means a liquidity provider error, a software error, a typographical error or obvious mistake in a quote or indication and includes quoting delays. Reciprocal Obligation means Glenrocks’s obligations to the Client in relation to an Order, a Margin Call or a Deposit. Reference Interest Rate means that interest rate provided by our liquidity provider plus Glenrocks’s transaction fee. Sell Swap Rate means the interest rate that applies to the Term Currency at the Close of Business on the relevant Trading Day. Share CFD means a Financial Product where the underlying asset is a security listed on an exchange. Short Party means in respect of any Order the party identified in the Trade Confirmation Notice as having notionally sold the underlying asset or assets to the OTC derivative contract. Spot CFD means a CFD where the value of the contract derives its value from an underlying asset or instrument whose price is quoted on a spot market. Swap‐Free Account means an account offered by Glenrocks at its sole discretion, which is designed specifically for, and available only to, Clients who cannot receive or pay rollover interest on overnight Open Positions for religious reasons. Term Currency means the second currency in a Currency Pair. Terms mean these terms and conditions, together with all schedules, attachments or other documents attached. Third‐Party means any entity with whom Glenrocks has entered into an agreement or arrangement whereby Glenrocks offers the Client access to that entity’s online trading platform (“Third‐Party Online Platform”) for the purpose of the provision via the Third‐Party Online Platform of additional services to the Client. Third‐Party Online Platform means any online trading platform offered by a Third‐Party. Trade Confirmation Notice means a document signed by the Client and Glenrocks confirming the details of the Financial Product entered into between the Client and Glenrocks. Trade Contract Terms means the price, timing and other details (as contained in the Instructions) Glenrocks provides you, either verbally or via the Internet, at which the relevant Order can be purchased or sold.Trading Day means Monday to Saturday including public holidays for all assets except Cryptocurrency CFDs.Trading Day for Cryptocurrency CFDs means Monday to Sunday including public holidays.Value Date means either the Day selected by the Client and agreed by Glenrocks for the settlement of an Order or if there is no such Day, the future value date after the execution of an Order by the Client and includes any agreedvariation to the original date, being either an earlier or a later date.Valuation Time means the Close of Business on each Day or any other time Glenrocks decides in its absolute discretion.Glenrocks, we, Company, our or us means Glenrock Pro Global LTD. Website means the Glenrocks website https://glenrocks.com/